My Dukan diet review

Just when I thought I had seen it all as far as dieting is concerned - from the land notorious for its dedicated food lovers comes a weight-loss "diet" that is sweeping the globe. Yes! France will no longer be famous for its croissants, wines and cheeses but instead will become known for (supposedly) helping us to stay slim! This dietary wonder has been around for over ten years, in fact, it's commonly called the Dukan Diet and I was excited to see if this diet could surpass - in terms of practicality - Dr Suzanne Gudakunst's all-in-one weight-loss, colon-detox and parasite-cleansing program called "Fat loss secrets."


The Dukan Diet was designed by a French doctor called Pierre Dukan and was made popular in his first publication entitled "Je ne sais pas maigrir", which when translated means "I don't know how to lose weight." ("Mm," I thought. "Nothing new here.")And indeed, while reading his
book I could not help getting flashes of severe "déjà vu" ...you know,those feelings of "been here before ...done this before ... got several T-shirts ..." and as the pages went by, the feelings became more frequent! It was getting scary! I felt as if I was trapped in time.

My poor muddled brain was being illuminated by deep, subconscious alphabetic flashing neon lights ... bling, bling,  "The Atkins Diet" they spelt out, and still they flashed … bling … bling …"The South Beach Diet" ... Bling  ... bling -- but not quite so bright this time …"The Low GI diet"… And as I read, still they kept flashing … bling, bling,  getting brighter and brighter, faster and faster ... so many diets I'd known seemed to be appearing in front of my eyes ... Bling  ... bling … bling ... Arrgh, I've seen it all before!

Just when I was beginning to get concerned for my mental wellbeing I realised it was not me, but the book! Oh, yes I have certainly been here before. And if, like me, you have tried the Atkins Diet or the South Beach Diet etc then don't expect to escape the same feeling of "déjà vu" when you read about the Dukan Diet.

I am not dissing the Dukan Diet … (I learnt this term from my daughter…"Don't diss it Mom" and I guess it is applicable here) or the Dukan Diet's method or techniques. I am just saying: "It's not new or cutting-edge." In fact, the Dukan diet was devised ten years ago - what's new is the recent high profile marketing. Since then new medical research and dietician have found more scientifically advanced methods for stripping the fat.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 
Beauty and Personal care © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects